August 17, 2020 at 4:52 pm #906NObozModerator
Hope you are finding the new patch to your liking 🙂
We are readjusting our production plans for the rest of the year, and while we do have a vast list of mechanics we want to add there’s lots of great ideas we got from you some of which we already had the pleasure to code into the game and well basically I want more ! 😀
So let your imaginations run free and let’s get all the amazing game mechanics ideas in this thread
I’m specifically looking for ideas that:
* Affect the core gameplay ie. two castles going at each other
* Maybe do something cool, exciting or crazy with the physics simulation (doesn’t have to be bound to what’s possible in the real world — there’s magic after all)
* Encourage different shapes of castle builds other than the weaponized staircase (or the reverse staircase), because lets face it, thats a boring shape if nothing beats it
* Serve as a way to strategize towards a certain direction or as a counter to it (crystal castle spell strat?!)
* May be a weapon, interior, material, troop, or something completely different. Interior is defined as something that goes inside a material, and weapon is defined as something that goes on top of it — the opportunity cost of having a non-weapon weapon is that it takes “slot” from a “real” weapon
* Has no active components (you cant adjust it in battle) but may have parameters you can change for different behavior (like the weapon settings)
Fire away!August 17, 2020 at 5:12 pm #907hyjukiParticipant
Hi, I wonder if you saw the last ideas in the other topicAugust 18, 2020 at 8:45 am #928SangrialParticipant
Hey guys, got a rather wild idea… hear me out:
What if the enemy castle starts under a shroud of fog of war… same applies for you on the enemy screen.
Your and his weapons will fire at random, since you can’t see the enemy very well…
To solve that, we could implement a… either a building in kingdom or a room in cadtle, which would be upgradeable and with every upgrade it would partially eliminate some of the Fog of War from the enemy castle…
Like a Watch Tower of sort, and may also see what the enemy castle is hiding in his castle rooms (by making them transparent as yours, AFTER fog of war was eliminated from that part of the castle, where stuff may be hidden. Stuff like, shields and troops can be “spied” on)
Opninions?August 18, 2020 at 9:17 am #930SangrialParticipant
Buildings in kingdom to upgrade weapons (ballistas, catapults, cannons, trabuchets), a building for all those.
A building for upgrading shields.
A building for upgrading troops.
It can be made as choices like if you invest in thianupgrade you can’t upgrade that, etc… you can upgrade for weapons stuff like, damage, ranve, cooldown maybe, speed of projectile etc.
For shields… shield size, shield speed of deployment, shield active time, etc
For troops, more HP, or more damage, or more speed, attack speed… etc…
All based on choices… you can’t upgrade all… that should promote build diversityAugust 18, 2020 at 5:54 pm #940NObozModerator
@hyjuki sure did, thank you! One of the reasons that inspired me to make this topic 🙂 How do you feel about a storm wizard? (Btw there is wind already in the game, that mechanics not very much utilized though). About #12 its cool and something I also considered but leaning against it since it makes it easy to “optimize the fun” out of the game for yourself, you feel? Like I like having a powerful castle, but if its optimal for me to make it forcefull less powerful im limiting my joy of causing destruction and winning games artificially
@Sangrial we actually had plans for something like that like a “spy” interior back when the game was still manual control haha. In the autobattle context I dont think it will be that fun
There’s definitely more buildings I wanna add but you have to consider they all need art assets etc
Upgrading weapon stats from a kingdom building is definitely something I’m very keen of. Like a “weapons workshop” that exactly as you said lets you upgrade various things maybe even give like a multi shot. Ofc every upgrade will increase power cost as well since its then a better weapon
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.