September 19, 2020 at 7:41 pm #1019ThePhwnerParticipant
First of all, the documentation for this game is poor. It’s easy enough to build a castle and do battles but so many problems.
1. When you start a battle it is clear that one player is given an advantage in terms of weapon firing rate and accuracy. Is this due to RNG assigments of values or is it a bug?
2. Related to #1, why do weapons fire randomly? There is no discernible order of events which makes it hard to build a good system. Is it RNG? Is it based on some other sorted criteria? This seems to apply not only to weapons but whether or not shields deploy, when Garrisons deploy, etc.
3. Why is there no way to leave a battle?
At minimum it would be good to understand your battle mechanics. In nearly other every PvP game in every genre, weapons stats and power stats count, and you can predict your systems to work in a somewhat consistent fashion. Playing this, you have no idea if your weapons will fire, when your shields will trigger, or any of this. This is so close to being a good game but I have now uninstalled 3 times because I get frustrated with the randomness. Lucky for you because every time I come back I buy crystals, but at this point, you have made bug fixes since I started playing, and it seems even more random than it did before.
If the randomness is by design, that’s certainly your call, but it won’t be the game for me. I don’t want to spend time and effort building a castle just to throw it into a random toss up.September 20, 2020 at 2:13 pm #1020ThePhwnerParticipant
I spent the evening playing and trying to really monitor how things work. Ultimately I decided to delete the app as my frustration level was higher than any game I can recall playing in years.
You have a great concept and great graphics. Things run smoothly and there don’t seem to be “errors” where things don’t work. However at the end of the day:
1. Battle mechanics and timing are totally random. You have no way to know if or when weapons, shields, garrisons will deploy. This is honestly crazy. Given the level of effort, and quite frankly money, required to progress in this game, it should be more consistent, at least somewhat predictable. You should be able to build a system that behaves in a fairly consistent fashion. However after an evening of watching weapons fire half the time and shields not deploying despite being deployable, I couldn’t deal with it anymore. Especially given that…
2. This is clearly a P2W game. The rate at which you progress without putting in some $$ is prohibitively slow and will ultimately drive away any players who don’t want to spend. And it’s on the more expensive end of P2W games. So immediately you’ve taken out any real strategy, skill, or competition because ultimately whoever spends the most $$ to get the strongest weapons and walls will win. Especially since…
3. You alluded to a lot of other features but as it stands you have castle battles and limited resource producing things like the Field and the Barracks. There’s no Guilds, no rankings, no acheivements or records, no quests or goals… just an expensive grind.
4. It’s really quite stupid that you can’t forfeit a battle in progress. Some of these drag on and on with it being clear who the winner will be yet all you can do is sit and wait for it to finish.
I’m ultimately a bit sad about this because the concept is so great and the art involved is a lot of fun. But this is a battle game and the battle mechanics are beyond broken.
Maybe by the time you make it to the official release it will be a different story but for now I am out. Best of luck.September 28, 2020 at 1:48 pm #1023NObozModerator
Thank you for the criticism
Regarding the RNG of battles I must say we are treading a fine line between too much and too little randomness. Especially now that our new AI is operational and it’s possible for us to make very precise calculations. IF there’s not enough randomness the projectiles will always collide in the middle in the same way and it’s very lame. If there’s too much the game doesn’t feel skillful anymore. Sad to hear we have failed you on that front but I want to acknowledge that issue because I think the game certainly deserves a proud skill element.
I have to hard disagree about P2W since we baked in the Power Score at a very early stage especially to combat that kind of issues. So it’s more of a matter of balancing the numbers. Basic philosophy is the power score should always reflect how good/useful that item is looking at it objectively, so you could always build the best possible castle of the tools in your disposal.
You can actually forfeit a match: just click through to settings from the little cog icon top left of the battle screen then “Return to Kingdom”October 3, 2020 at 6:18 pm #1035A55TODONParticipant
My crystals somehow went negative. They were -45 two updates ago. I’ve levelled up since and now they’re up to -3. I don’t want to spend any money until I at least get my initial crystals backOctober 5, 2020 at 8:47 am #1038
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.