Magic shields

Home Forums General Magic shields

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    cvelez841
    Participant

Please please pleeeease, make shields tap to uuse. They often are innefective because they activate at bad timing and them a 90kg ttribuchet lands right after lol

NOboz

Or just make them AI smarter? 🤔

hyjuki
    Participant

Haha, As the king you should enjoy your time inside your protected room, and let the sorcerers do their work with shields…

So making them smarter is better. For example, in the beginning of the battle, 4 shields are ready, so why does the one in the center start first instead of the one in the top right ? And why don’t they all start at the same time ?

NOboz

Basically they go off somewhat in the order you placed them… usually…

Currently there’s no real “intelligence” to speak of in the shields, which is something we’re looking to fix as we are doing our AI revamps 🧐

For example: The shield should detect a cannon is in it’s fuse time, aimed at you, and deploy right as it launches

hyjuki
    Participant

I see. Maybe just changing the order by giving priority to the ones near the right side and the top might make them a bit better

jbettin
    Participant

Also would it be possible for them to activate on your own ricochet from the enemy shields? I’ve had quite a few now that were down to the wire and end up getting killed by my own stuff because my shields won’t activate.

NOboz

That’s a good point jbettin. Ideally yes, shield should protect against anything that would cause harm for things in it’s reach (in the new AI system), the exact technical solution is still WIP

Tidibicus
    Participant

Most of my battles recently, my shields don’t activate until most of my castle is already destroyed. That’s if they deploy at all. What’s up with this?

hyjuki
    Participant

New idea, build a school of magic and upgrade it to increase shield’s duration or range or cooldown.. or their operators IQ 🤣

Bergen
    Participant

Maybe change effect of shields
    purple: reflect shots,
    yellow: absorb a shot/no damage,
    blue: slow shot so it inflicts 50% damage,

it would balance the scale and duration of shields .
    This would increase playability across levels. I’ve battled several with a yellow and blue shields who never took a single impact.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.