Reply To: Ideas, things I’ve noticed

Home Forums General Ideas, things I’ve noticed Reply To: Ideas, things I’ve noticed

NOboz

That idea of different types of shields is very awesome! Thank you! Instead of having them all on the same upgrade path though we could split them to new interiors, something like this:

Arcane Shield

Remains as the hard counter to physical damage with it’s blocking and bouncing as it currently is

Fire Shield

Absorbs projectiles then unleashes a fiery area of effect based on the amount of damage taken in. Maybe grows or shrinks as it takes shots in

Ice Shield

Slows projectiles that enter it drastically but they still remain physics simulated and can fall down/do damage as normal (they will do less damage with slower speed)

Through the upgrade tiers they would get better stats such as size, grow speed, uptime, etc as well as increasing power score cost ofcourse. The real juicy part comes in interactions: We’ve been toying with the ideas of adding different elementals for a while now and if we expand that concept to shields that adds another layer of combinations. For example if ice projectile hits into fire shield — instead of adding power it will subtract from it, or even disarm it entirely.

What do you think?